Last updated July 27, 2023
This privacy notice for Cozy Rainbow LLC (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), describes how and why we might collect, store, use and/or share (“process”) your information when you use our services such as when you:
- Visit our website at https://www.cozyrainbow.org
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing or events
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Summary of Key Points
This summary provides key points from our privacy notice, but you can find out more details about any of these topics by reading below to find the section you are looking for.
What personal information do we process? When you visit, use or navigate our services, we may process personal information depending on how you interact with Cozy Rainbow LLC and our services, the choices you make and the product and features you use.
Do we process any sensitive personal information? We do not process sensitive personal information.
Do we receive any information from third parties? We do not receive any information from third parties.
How do we process your information? We process your information to provide, improve and administer our services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your information only when we have a valid legal reason to do so.
In what situations and with which types of parties do we share personal information? We may share information in specific situations and with specific categories of third parties.
What are your rights? Depending on where you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information.
How do you exercise your rights? The easiest way to exercise your rights is by contacting us to submit a data subject access request. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
What information do we collect?
In short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you subscribe to our email newsletter.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the services, the choices you make, and the product/features used. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- email addresses
Sensitive Information. We do not process sensitive information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information, such as your Internet Protocal (IP) address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and usage data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our services automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and setting and information about your activity on the website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) and hardware setting).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access our website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as you IP address (or proxy server) device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider adn/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
How do we process your information?
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve and administer our services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our website, including:
- To save or protect an individual’s vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
What legal bases do we rely on to process your information?
In Short: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e. legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfil our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or the UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information iff you have given us permission to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necesssary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
If you are location in Canada, this section apaplies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e. express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including for example:
- If the collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud decetion and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contain in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be a victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the counrt relating to the production of records
- If it was produced bya n individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the infomration was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
When and with whom do we share your personal information?
In Short: We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following categories of third parties.
Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. We have contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and retain it for the period we instruct. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Website hosting service providers
- Ad networks
We also may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
What is our stance on third-party websites?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third parties that we may link to or who advertise on our website, but are not affiliated with our services.
The services may link to third-party websites, online services, or mobile application and/or contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, services or applications. Accordingly, we do not make any guarantee regarding any such third parties, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of such third-party websites, services or applications. The inclusion of a link towards a third-party website, service or application does not imply an endorsement by us. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be link to or from the website. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Controls for Do-not-track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.